Tuesday, January 2, 2018

#mustreadin2018 list 1.02.18




I love making lists.  The order of them... being able to cross things off.  I feel so accomplished.  That's probably one of the things I love about #mustread.  I feel accomplished.  Even when I don't finish the list, I always have more crossed off than when I started.
This year I have 13 books on my #mustreadin2018 list.  It was supposed to be 12, but I had to get one more in.  I am determined to read all of the books on my list this year.  Usually I choose books because other readers have encouraged me to read it.  This year most of them are chosen off my shelves because I don't want to push these books off any longer.  I want to read them, yet other books just keep getting in their way.  But not for much longer!  I separated them out by month so I can be diligent about when I'm reading them.  That seemed to help the last few years, even if I give myself some room to fudge things!
Here is this year's list!


X
January
X by Ilyasah Shabazz and Kekla Magoon

March (Trilogy Slipcase Set)
February
The March trilogy by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
March
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
April
Cress by Marissa Meyer

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
May
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

The Family Romanov: Murder, Rebellion, and the Fall of Imperial Russia       Forge (Seeds of America, #2)
June
The Family Romanov by Candace Fleming
Forge by Laurie Halse Anderson

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
July
Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Bounders
August
Bounders by Monica Tesler

Book Scavenger (Book Scavenger, #1)
September
Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman

Bud, Not Buddy
October
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis

How to Steal a Dog
November
How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O'Connor

When I Was the Greatest
December
When I Was the Greatest by Jason Reynolds

There you have it.  My #mustreadin2018 list!  What is interesting is how many of these books are the first in a series.  I wonder if I'll continue reading the other books or if they'll end up on a future #mustread list!

Happy 2018 reading!

9 comments:

  1. I may have placed too, too many on my list and love that you've chosen one for each month, Michele. Of these, some I still need to read too, like When I Was The Greatest, maybe someday? FYI - I loved the March trilogy & the Family Romanov. Thanks for sharing your ideas about these new lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scythe has shown up on every post I have opened! My oldest and I were looking at it last night. It's going to have to go on a list for this year. I've already veered! :) Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thinking here! You have some books that are absolute MUST reads When I was the Greatest and How to Steal a Dog are two of my all time favourites! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first skimmed through your list, I wondered if it would all be series and if that was a sneaky way to squeeze more than 13 titles onto the list! I'm crowdsourcing my list again this year--I never finish it, but I had so much fun choosing a title from each person's list last year. I'm borrowing March 3 from yours, the only one in the trilogy I haven't read yet. Been meaning to finish it but just didn't get to it in 2017. I love When I Was the Greatest so much. It was my favorite read-aloud with my son in 2017. We're reading Miles Morales right now--so grateful that Jason Reynolds keeps publishing books, because as long as he's publishing, I get to keep reading aloud!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of these books are new to me so I'll have to check them out. Two of them, Book Scavenger and Bud, Not Buddy, are books I have never read, but probably should. Enjoy a new year of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. There are so many books I am slightly embarrassed I haven't read yet, but it's not for lack of interest-always too many books, too little time. I like the idea of setting a goal for each month. You will love so many of these. When I Was the Greatest and Bounders have been on my TBR too long. I'm going to get them back on my must reads. Happy New Year, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I am starting the year off right. I have always wanted to read Hana's Suitcase because I am Czech and this is a Holocaust book about a Czech girl. You have inspired me to do the same thing. I'm going to start my list now. BTW, you will love, love the Family Romanov. Your eyes will not be able to tear away from the story. So well researched and written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a couple of the same books on my list. Crooked Kingdom and Book Scavenger are ones I plan to read. I read the first in the March series in 2017 and should get to at least the second one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!! So many favorites of mine on your list!
    I am so glad you are going to read March XOXOXO
    And Graceling!
    And Scythe!
    X, Forge, Bud Not Buddy, and When I Was are also fantastic!

    ReplyDelete